Keynote Photonics has launched production of our new 4K UV Projector, the LRS-4KA UV projector. This Ultra High Definition UV projector provides an outstanding combination of advanced DLP™ electronics and high-performance optics. Using Texas Instruments’ latest DLP660TE ™ DMD, this projector can display over 8 million pixels using a high-power LED source. Combined with dedicated UV optics and high-power UV LEDs, the LRS-4KA makes high-speed 3D manufacturing possible.
Designed specifically for stationary high-resolution stereolithography applications, the LRS-4KA will be a core element of the next-generation of 3D printers. By providing complete control of an integrated optical actuator, you can address 8.3 million unique pixel locations, enabling the manufacturing of extremely high-resolution parts.
The system comprises an UV-optimized optical system and a selection of different UV LED light sources with optical output power up to 4.5 watts. The projector features a high-performance optical assembly from Visitech and is available with three different projection lens magnifications: 13x, 14x or 17x. The magnification of these lenses can be adjusted, allowing pixel sizes from 60 to 100 micron pixels, supporting build areas from 163 x 92 mm up to 272 x 153 mm with feature sizes as small as 30 microns.
Although the internal electronics were originally based on Texas Instruments’ reference design, Keynote’s 4K UV projector includes significant improvements in our custom design:
- Pixel-Pure Images: The LRS-4KA allows you to input your images at the precise resolution of the actual DMD chip (2 separate 2712 x 1528 images). Our custom chipset and firmware ensures that your data will never be scaled or re-sampled in any way! This prevents the scaling artifacts produced by TI’s standard firmware.
- Precise Control of the Optical Actuator: The LRS-4KA gives you complete control over the timing of optical actuator, allowing you to design your slicing algorithm to take advantage of the ultra-high def resolution in multiple ways.
- High-Speed Flexible Architecture: Keynote uses a flexible micro-coaxial cable to connect the control electronics with the DMD which gives you the option of integrating our electronics with your own custom optics. For this option, Keynote offers an electronics-only solution: LC4KA-EKT Controller
We offer this new projector in 3 configurations:
- LRS-4KAp: High Performance version providing up to 4.5 W
- LRS-4KAc: Standard version providing up to 2.5 W
- LRS-WQm: Similar to the LRS-4KAc, but without an optical actuator (>4 M Pixel resolution)
This flexibility enables an advanced and extremely competitive 4K UV plug-and-play projector that allows customers to design, build and brand a Rapid Manufacturing machine with a very short time-to-market and with very low technical risk. And through the use of Texas Instruments’ reliable DLP660TE DMD technology, the DLP660TE DMD projector offers a long lifetime at a competitive cost.
Note: This product line is specifically designed for static implementations in additive manufacturing systems.
4K UV Projector FEATURES
- Up to 4.5 W UV power at 405 nm.
- 8 M addressable pixels with optical pixel shifting.
- Texas Instruments DLP660TE DLP (2716×1528) with 17 degree tilt angle for high-efficiency optics.
- 365, 380, 405 and 465 nm LED options.
- 5.4 𝛍m mirrors provide 60-100 micron pixel pitch using 3 available lenses
- Build areas from 163 x 92 mm to 272 x 153 mm
- Working Distance from 310 – 559 mm
- 17 degree tilt angle for high-efficiency optics.
- Direct Access Pixel shift actuator support.
- Trigger Input and Output
- Short Working Distance (310 – 566 mm)
- DisplayPort or HDMI input.
- API and development GUI (Call for Linux and OSX support)
- Total weight w/o power supply: 4 kg
- 12 VDC input